· 6 pack of chicken thighs
· 1 can of kidney beans (15 oz)
· 1 can of black beans (15oz)
· 1 can diced tomatoes (15oz)
· 1 can full of frozen corn or ~1.5 cups
· 1 cupishof salsa (whatever heat you prefer) just need enough to cover the chicken
· 1 cup shredded cheese (Cheddar, Mexican style, Mozzarella)
1. Drain and rinse off the black beans and kidney beans. Place them in the crockpot along with the frozen corn and can of tomatoes.
2. Place the chicken thighs over the bean mixture and cover them with salsa.
3. Cover the crockpot and place on low for 4-6 hours, depends on the thickness of the chicken.
4. Once the chicken reaches 165 degrees, usually if you stick a fork in the chicken it easily will fall off the bone, it’s done. You can turn it off and throw in the shredded cheese.
I like to enjoy this over brown rice. The microwave packs are super convenient and you can do a quick sauté if you’re like me and don’t have a microwave. Bonus toppings ideas: cilantro, hot sauce, extra salsa, avocado, or sour cream.
This one will be one of your favorites…You’re welcome.